|Get SplashID Safe for Android
SplashID Desktop version 7 is available at splashid.com. If for some reason you need an older version of the desktop software, see below.
|Download older versions of SplashID Safe Desktop for Android
- Click the Download button for the product installer (Windows or
Macintosh) you wish to download.
- When prompted with the "File Download" dialog box, select
"Save this program to disk" and save it in a place you
are sure to remember, like your Desktop.
- After the file has finished downloading, launch the Installer
from your desktop and follow the onscreen instructions.
- After completing the installation on your handheld, you may delete
the installer file on
your desktop that you downloaded in step 2.
Updates are free within major versions - for example, 6.1 to 6.2. We generally
charge a fee for upgrading between major versions - for example, 5.x to 6.x.
To upgrade just download the SplashID Safe installer, run the application and
enter your old registration code to get the discounted purchase price.
Before any upgrade or synchronizing with desktop software for the first time, it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that
you make a backup of your SplashID data:
- Open the SplashID Desktop.
- Export a Backup VID file:
- Windows: Application Menu > Backup.
- Mac: File Menu > Backup.
- Save the file someplace safe, like your Documents folder.
Now you can install the upgrade and import the vID backup file on the SplashID Desktop if you run into any issues.
From the Menu Options, select Backup SplashID. This will make a full backup of your encrypted SplashID database on your SD card. This way you can restore the database later if you delete and reinstall SplashID, have data loss, or if you change devices.