SplashID Safe for Teams
SplashID Safe for Teams extends the power of SplashID Safe by enabling your team, department, or entire company to organize and share critical records. It provides cross-platform support, instant setup, and improves productivity and collaboration of team members. This guide has been created to help company administrators manage and deploy SplashID Safe for Teams.
Sign up to create an account:
- Step 1 - Sign up for a free 30day trial at SplashID Safe for Teams page
- Step 2 - Fill in your account details as the Super Admin. This account will be used to manage all of your licenses. At this point, you will also be required to set your Company Key. Your Company Key is an additional layer of authentication and encryption for SplashID Safe for Teams data. Every user needs to login with their user credentials and the Company Key to be able to decrypt data and view it on their end user client.
- Step 3 - On completing the sign up form, you will receive an email to activate your account
- Step 4 - To sign in to SplashID Safe for Teams Admin application:
Sign in to your SplashID Safe account here. Once you log in, at the bottom left corner of the web client, if you are a Super Admin or Admin, you will see an option to 'Switch to admin panel'.Click on it to switch to Admin Panel. You can switch back from Admin Panel to web client by clicking on 'Switch to web client' from the Admin Panel.
As usage increases, these statistics will provide critical information about your data, records, and users. In the long term, the dashboard will help you and your company manage information records more proactively. The overview page tracks records over time, number of logons by month, records segmentation by groups, and total number of users, groups and records. In the SplashID Safe for Teams Admin application, you can access usage logs (such as record add/edit/delete) and system logs (logins, logouts). For auditing purposes, you can set a date range and export the logs into a CSV file.
- Usage Logs - These logs give you detailed transactional level information about additions, deletions, and modifications of records, groups, and types. You can export this into a CSV file to examine locally in a spreadsheet or to create custom usage graphs.
- System Logs - System logs provide information about user logons. It gives you critical data on all logon attempts - successful and unsuccessful. You can export this into a CSV file to examine locally in a spreadsheet.
Users, Groups and permissions
Subscription manager allows you to purchase and reduce licenses. Once you have subscribed to SplashID Safe for Teams, you will see your licensing details:
- Number of Licenses Purchased
- Number of Licenses Used
- Number of Licenses Available
You can also view your billing history, download invoices, and edit your current payment information.
- Company Key - Your Company Key is an additional layer of authentication and encryption for SplashID Safe for Teams data. Every user needs to login with their user credentials and the Company Key to be able to decrypt data and view it on their end user client. You must create the Company Key during sign up. At any point, you can change the Company Key. We recommend that you choose a complex Company Key (such as a strong password or passphrase eight characters or more with alphanumeric and special characters) and change it on a regular basis.
- Password Policy - We recommend that you set a password policy for your company. All users in your company must then create user account passwords that meet these requirements. Password policy varies company to company and we recommend that you consult with your IT security department before setting a policy. As a rule of thumb, we recommend passwords be at least 8 characters in length and contain a combination of characters and digits to ensure reasonably complex passwords.
- Account Details - You can view or edit you account details. This screen shows the information you provided during the registration process. If anything has changed since then or may change later on, please update your information.
- Export Data - This page allows you to export all of your company data in a in .zip which contains an encrypted SplashID .vID file for each group. To decrypt the records in the .vID file, you must provide the password.
Help Center and FAQs
- Submit Ticket - If you are facing a problem or need help, you can submit a ticket through the Help Center. We will generally respond within the same business or latest by next business day. You will receive an email acknowledgement that your ticket was received.
- Downloads - The downloads page provides links to download the versions of SplashID Safe for Teams. Current versions include Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. You can also directly download the SplashID Safe for Teams client applications on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android here
- FAQs - View the SplashID Safe for Teams frequently asked questions here
- Tutorials View the SplashID Safe for Teams tutorials here