Personal Finances... Simplified. For BlackBerry & Windows
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How does the trial version differ from the regular version?
- How do I install SplashMoney?
- What is the current version of SplashMoney and what has changed?
- How do I update my software?
- How do I delete SplashMoney?
- How much memory does SplashMoney require on my handheld?
- I just purchased SplashMoney and need a registration code. Where do I find it?
- I installed SplashMoney on a new handheld and it's asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
- SplashMoney won't accept my registration code. Why not?
- How much do upgrades cost?
- Can I use SplashMoney on multiple handheld and/or desktops?
- Which online banks are supported?
- Does SplashMoney support external memory?
- Where is my SplashMoney data backed up?
- My bank is listed as being supported, but I am getting an error connecting. Why?
- My data is not synchronizing between the handheld and the desktop. Why?
- How do I transfer my data from the Palm OS, Windows Mobile or Desktop Only version?
- Technical Support
- Request Registration Code
- Change of Email Address
- Subscribe to SplashData eNews
How does the trial version differ from the regular version?
The trial version and regular version are identical. The software will run for 30-days in trial mode without requiring a registration code. Once the 30-day trial expires, you must purchase a registration code to continue using the product. You do not need to re-install the software. Simply enter the registration code to continue using the software and all of your data will remain intact. You may purchase a registration code on our purchase page.
How do I install SplashMoney?
You must download and run the SplashMoney Installer on your desktop, as follows:
- Go to the download page, and click the Download button for SplashMoney.
- When prompted with the "File Download" dialog box, select "Save this program to disk" and save it in a place you are sure to remember, like your Desktop.
- After the file has finished downloading, connect your device.
- Double-click the SplashMoney-BB-Installer.exe file to run the installer. Follow the prompts to complete installation.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop application, and double-click the Application Loader.
- Click the Add button and browse to select this file:
c:\Program Files\SplashMoney for BlackBerry\SplashMoney.alx
- Scroll down through the list of programs and check the box at the bottom for SplashID to be installed.
- Click Next and SplashMoney will be installed on the device.
- On your handheld, find the SplashMoney application and launch. It may be found in the Applications folder.
What is the current version of SplashMoney and what has changed?
SplashMoney 4.3 is the current version for non-touch devices. 4.3.3 is the latest for touch devices. For an overview of changes, see the release notes.
How do I update my software?
Simply download and run the latest SplashMoney Installer found on the download page. It will update your existing software on your desktop and handheld. Your data will remain intact and you won't have to re-enter your registration code.
How do I delete SplashMoney?
To delete SplashMoney from the Desktop:
- Open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
- Select SplashMoney for BlackBerry and click Change/Remove.
To delete SplashMoney from your handheld:
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and launch the Application Loader.
- Uncheck SplashMoney from the list, then click Next. SplashMoney will be removed, and the BlackBerry will restart.
- After the BlackBerry has restarted, launch the Application Loader again.
- Select SplashMoney from the list and click the Delete button, then click Next.
How much memory does SplashMoney require on my handheld?
SplashMoney requires about 500 KB for the application and 50-100 KB for each account.
I just purchased SplashMoney and need a registration code. Where do I find it?
When you purchase the software online, an order confirmation email is immediately sent to you containing your registration code (sent to the email you entered during your purchase). The registration code will begin with the letters SMBB or SWBB. Enter it exactly as it appears, and the trial software will be converted into a registered version.
I installed SplashMoney on a new handheld and it's asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
If you installed SplashMoney on a new handheld, you can find your existing registration code on the old handheld as follows: Launch SplashMoney on the old handheld, then select About from the Options Menu. Your registration code will be displayed in the dialog.
If the above doesn't work, contact us and we'll respond with your registration code.
SplashMoney won't accept my registration code. Why not?
Make sure you are entering the correct registration code, and not your order number. The registration code should begin with the letters SMBB or SWBB.
You may want to try entering the code without the dashes. Also, make sure there are no spaces before, after, or within the code. Also, make sure you are not confusing your registration code with your password. The registration code only needs to be entered once. The password is a word you define and must be entered each time you launch SplashMoney.
How much do upgrades cost?
If you own a different OS license for SplashMoney (including Palm OS, the SplashWallet suite, or a Desktop Only license) you may crossgrade to SplashMoney for BlackBerry for $9.95.
Updates within a version (e.g., 3.0 to 3.1) are free to all registered users. Major upgrades (e.g., 3.x to 4.x) are available at a substantial discount to registered users. If you purchase within 30-days of a major upgrade you will receive the upgrade for free.
SplashWallet Suite Upgrades
The SplashWallet Suite is a bundle of SplashID, SplashMoney, SplashPhoto, and SplashShopper sold together at a discount. If you purchased an earlier version of SplashMoney as part of the SplashWallet Suite, you may crossgrade to SplashWallet for BlackBerry for $9.95.
Can I use SplashMoney on multiple handheld and/or desktops?
You may use SplashMoney on multiple computers or handheld devices (on the same platform). The registration code is not tied to a specific device. The license is per user, so you may install it on all of the computers/handhelds that you use.
Does SplashMoney support external memory?
SplashMoney must be stored on internal memory in order to synchronize with the desktop.
Where is my SplashMoney data backed up?
The SplashMoney Desktop data is stored here:
- My Documents\SplashData\SplashMoney\
My bank is listed as being supported, but I am getting an error connecting. Why?
Please verify that your bank is on our list of supported banks. Depending on the error, it could be a couple of things:
- Invalid username/userpass - If you are receiving an error that your user name and password are incorrect, it could be because you are using the same username and password that you use to login into your bank's website. But some banks require different login info for Web Connect (connecting to your bank's web-site) and Direct Connect (using a personal financial manager like SplashMoney or Quicken). You'll have to contact your bank's customer service to find out whether or not you need a different username and password for Direct Connect online banking. SplashMoney Direct Connect should be compatible with any bank that allows Quicken Direct Connect. Click here for a list of supported banks. Note: Some banks claim to be compatible with Quicken for Windows only, so you may want to tell them that is what you are using. Also, some banks will charge for this service.
- Error 4626 - This is a network timeout error. Try connecting again and it should work if you have steady internet access.
- Error 2000 - Bank of America customers may receive this error message if they have not called Customer Service at their bank to activate online banking. Note: They may claim to be compatible with Quicken for Windows only, so you may want to tell them that is what you are using. Also, in some regions you may be charged a fee for this service.
My data is not synchronizing between the handheld and the desktop. Why?
There are 4 primary reasons why SplashMoney won't sync:
- Password's don't match -- The password set in SplashMoney on the handheld must exactly match the password set on SplashMoney Desktop. The password is case sensitive. If the passwords don't match, the data will not be synchronized.
- Different versions -- The version of SplashMoney installed on the handheld does not match the version on the Desktop. You must run the installer to install the most recent version of SplashMoney with the device connected to complete the handheld update. You must then launch SplashMoney on both the handheld and the desktop to upgrade the databases to the current version. To update your existing software, simply download and run the latest installer.
- Wrong User name -- The handheld User name may not match the SplashMoney Desktop User.
- SplashMoney does not have the necessary permissions -- The handheld application cannot contact the SplashMoney Desktop if the BlackBerry security permissions are blocking it. On the BlackBerry, go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Select SplashMoney and press Menu > Edit Permissions. Change all menus to Allow, then press Menu > Save.
How do I transfer my SplashMoney data from the Palm OS, Windows Mobile or Desktop Only version?
- Launch SplashMoney Desktop for Palm OS.
- Select File > Export > QIF and save the file to a new folder on the desktop.
- Repeat for each Account.
- When all accounts have been exported, quit the SplashMoney Desktop for Palm. You may uninstall it at this point.
- Launch SplashMoney Desktop for BlackBerry.
- Open the folder with the exported QIF files on the desktop, and drag each one into the SplashMoney desktop, one by one, creating the new accounts.
- Sync the data with your new handheld.