Powerful Photo Organizer for Mobile Devices, Windows & Mac OS
BlackBerry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you don't find the answer to your question in the FAQs below, you
may request technical support here.
- How does the trial version differ from the regular
- How do I install SplashPhoto?
- What is the current version of SplashPhoto and what
- How do I update my software?
- Can I download SplashPhoto directly via my BlackBerry Browser?
- I just purchased SplashPhoto and need a registration code.
Where do I find it?
- I installed SplashPhoto on a new handheld/desktop
and it's asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
- SplashPhoto won't accept my registration code. Why
- How much do crossgrades cost?
- Can I use SplashPhoto on multiple handhelds and/or desktops?
- How do I set up SplashPhoto sync?
- How do I make SplashPhoto sync automatically when I connect my BlackBerry?
- When I try to install the ALX file, I get a message saying "No additional
applications were found." What do i do?
How does the trial version differ from the regular
The trial version and regular version are identical. The software
will run for 30-days in trial mode without requiring a registration code.
Once the 30-day trial expires, you must purchase a registration code to
continue using the product. Once you purchase a registration code, you
do not need to re-install the software. Simply enter the registration
code to continue using the software and all of your data will remain intact.
How do I install SplashPhoto?
- Go to the download page. Click the Download button.
- When prompted with the "File Download"
dialog box, select "Save this program to disk" and save it
in a place you are sure to remember, like your Desktop.
- After the file has finished downloading, connect your device.
- Extract all files in the ZIP archive you downloaded to the desktop.
This can be done by either dragging the contents of the ZIP to the
desktop or right-clicking the ZIP and selecting Extract.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop application, and double-click the Application
- Click the Add button and browse to select this file:
C:\Program Files\SplashPhoto for BlackBerry\SplashPhoto.alx
- Scroll down through the list of programs and check the box at the
bottom for SplashPhoto to be installed.
- Click Next and SplashPhoto will be installed on the device.
- On your handheld, find the SplashPhoto application and launch. It may
be found in the Applications folder.
What is the current version of SplashPhoto and what
SplashPhoto 4.42 is the current version. For an overview of changes,
see the release notes.
How do I update my software?
Simply download and run the latest SplashPhoto Installer found on the download
page. It will update your existing software on your desktop and handheld.
Your data will remain intact and you won't have to re-enter your registration
Can I download SplashPhoto directly via my BlackBerry
Yes, select Go To from the menu in the BlackBerry Browser and type in:
I just purchased SplashPhoto and need a registration code.
Where do I find it?
When you purchase the software online, an order confirmation email
is immediately sent to you (the email you gave in the purchase form)
containing your registration code. The registration code will begin with
the letters SDXU. Enter it exactly as it appears, and the trial software
will be converted into a registered version.
I installed SplashPhoto on a new handheld/desktop and
it's asking me for my registration code. Where can I find it?
If you installed SplashPhoto on a new handheld or desktop, you can find
your existing registration code on the old device as follows:
Launch SplashPhoto Desktop, then select About SplashPhoto Desktop
from the Help Menu. Your registration code will be displayed in the
dialog. It will start with "SPXU"
Launch SplashPhoto on the handheld, then select About SplashPhoto
from the menu. Your registration code will be displayed in the dialog.
It will start with "SPXU"
If the above doesn't work, contact
us and we'll respond with your registration code.
SplashPhoto won't accept my registration code.
Make sure you are entering the correct registration code, and not your
order number. The registration code should begin with the letters SPXU.
You may want to try entering the code without the dashes. Also, make
sure there are no spaces before, after, or within the code. Also, make
sure you are not confusing your registration code with your password.
The registration code only needs to be entered once.
How much do crossgrades cost?
The crossgrade to SplashPhoto for BlackBerry costs $9.95. If you
are a current owner of a previous version of SplashPhoto, you can use
Updates within a version (e.g., 2.0 to 2.1) are free to all registered
users. Major upgrades (e.g., 2.x to 3.x) are available at a substantial
discount to registered users. If you purchase within 30-days of a major
upgrade you will receive the upgrade for free.
Can I use SplashPhoto on multiple handhelds and/or desktops?
You may use SplashPhoto on multiple computers/handhelds. The
registration code is not tied to a specific device. The license is per
user, so you may install it on all of the computers/handhelds that you
How do I set up SplashPhoto sync?
To enable synchronization, double-click the Intellisync icon in the
- In the top section of the Intellisync window, check the box that
reads "Execute Add-in actions."
- In the bottom section, click the button that reads "Configure
- Check the box that reads "SplashPhoto Intellisync Add-ins" then
- Click the Synchronize now button to perform a first sync.
How do I make SplashPhoto sync automatically when I connect my
You can make SplashPhoto sync automatic by clicking the Auto
Start button in the Intellisync dialog, and checking the Execute Add-In
Actions. Every time you connect your BlackBerry to the computer, it will
When I try to
install the ALX file, I get a message saying "No additional applications were found." What
do i do?
There are 3 possible causes of this problem:
1. SplashPhoto is already installed, and you need to delete it. To
do this, select SplashPhoto from the list of applications in the Application
Loader, then click the Delete button. Then click Next. Now you should
be able to add the ALX file on the next time around.
2. You need to update your BlackBerry Desktop Manager software:
3. You need to update the BlackBerry handheld software: